Effective Date: March 31, 2017
This Privacy Statement (this “Statement”) describes the type of information Super Healthy Kids, Inc., referred to in this Statement as Prepear” or “we,” collects through your use of our online platform (www.prepear.com), software application, and social media channels (collectively, the “ Services”). This Statement does not apply to information collected about you through any other means, including information collected by third parties or through non-electronic or offline means.
This Statement covers:
- What personal information is collected by Prepear through our Services.
- How Prepear uses this information.
- With whom Prepear may share personal information.
- What choices are available to you with respect to collection, use and sharing of this information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss or misuse of this information under our control.
By accessing or using the Services, or by clicking the “accept” button when you register to use a Service, you consent to our use of your personal information as described in this Statement. This Statement may change from time to time. Your continued use of a Service after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Statement periodically for updates. Note that use of the terms “including” and “include” mean “without limitation” and indicate non-exclusive lists of items.
This Statement is part of, and is governed by, the Prepear Terms of Service.
A. Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you provide us with certain information when you register for and use our Services. Second, we collect certain information automatically as you interact with our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We may collect personal information from you when you register as a user, provide comments and suggestions, post on forums, sign up for newsletters, enter promotions, interact with us on our social media channels, place orders, post information through the Service, submit content or send us feedback. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. We directly collect the following types of information that you provide to us:
- Identifying information. We may collect personally identifying information, including your name, email address, address, phone number and IP address.
- User generated content. When you provide comments; upload content, recipes, photos, videos, or other types of media; or vote for projects and features, we may collect that content and associate it with your profile.
- Customer service interactions. To ensure the quality of your interactions with our customer service representatives, we may monitor and record phone calls or other communications between you and our representatives.
We use third-party payment processors, such as Stripe, to handle payment transactions.
2. Information We Automatically Collect from You When You Use the Services
Information collected through our cookies and web beacons. We (or service providers on our behalf) may use technologies, including “cookies” and “web beacons,” to automatically collect information from you when you use the Services. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which saves and recognizes your browsing habits. Prepear uses both session cookies (which track a user’s progression during one site visit) and persistent cookies (which track a user over time). Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer or mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
Information that may be collected by cookies and web beacons when you use the Services may include:
- web pages you visit;
- date and time of your visit to or use of the Services;
- usage and activity data related to the Services;
- websites you visit before or after visiting the Services;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet;
- your computer or mobile device and connection information, such as your browser type and version, operating system, and platform;
- your device identifier; and
- location information.
You can delete cookie files from your hard drive, or avoid them altogether by configuring your browser to reject them or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. Not all features of the Services will function as intended if you reject cookies.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not use the Services.
You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may not be accessible or may not function properly.
3. “Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. Prepear respects your wishes and will not track user activity once “do not track” signals have been activated.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- developing, providing and improving the Prepear products and Services;
- assisting with fulfillment of product and services orders;
- managing and verifying your account and the identity of users of the Services;
- contacting you when necessary about your account or your use of the Services;
- sending you information and promotional materials about our products and Services as well as our company in general;
- responding to support requests;
- complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
- conducting internal reviews of our Services to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of our Services;
- protecting the security and integrity of our Services;
- helping your friends and contacts find you on Prepear . For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Prepear when they first sign up for Prepear . Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Prepear using your email address or other information;
- complying with court orders, legal process and third party requests for information, and to enforce our Terms of Service and this Statement; and
- any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Statement.
Prepear also uses your personal information for interest-based advertising, retargeting, and contextual advertising. Interest-based advertising involves the collection of data across different web domains so we can deliver ads that are tailored to your interests. Our retargeting practices allow Prepear to show you products we think you would be interested in based on your activity on the Services. Contextual ads are customized based on the content you are viewing at any particular time. You can read more about this type of data-driven marketing on the Network Advertising Initiative website,https://www.networkadvertising.org.
We may combine information we collect about you through the Services with other information about you that we receive from third-party sources. By way of example and not limitation, we may use a change of address or other list service to ensure that our records for your account are accurate.
D. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We may share the personal information we collect in connection with the Services with third parties, as described below:
1. Third Parties Who Provide Services or Information Through the Service
2. Public Content
If you post comments, images, and other content through the Services, that information (associated with your user name) will be publicly viewable.
3. Bloggers and Third Party Affiliates
4. Service Providers
We may share your personal information with our third-party distributors, vendors, suppliers and others who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Services, hosting the Services, providing payment processing services, performing marketing or consulting services, and with processing and fulfillment functions.
5. Third-Party Analytics Providers
6. Our Affiliates
We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. Those parties may have different terms with regard to their use of your information.
7. Nonprofit Entities
If you choose to donate to a participating nonprofit entity through the Services, we may share some of your information with these entities.
8. Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
9. Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- you have given us permission to share your information;
- we are required to do so by law, or deem disclosure prudent in response to a subpoena, court order or third party request;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights, or those of other users of the Services, third parties, or the public at large; or
- we believe that you have abused a Service by using it to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws or the Prepear Terms of Service.
10. Aggregate Information
We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from other third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
E. Third-Party Sites
When you use your Prepear account to sign in to third-party sites or to access third-party services, or when you access Prepear through such third party services (e.g., use plugins for Facebook, Google, and Twitter), both Prepear and those third-party sites may collect information and use it to recommend content specifically tailored to you.
F. Your Choices
We provide the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about you. In addition, you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
You may also change certain details in your profile by logging in and revising or deleting your account information or any privacy settings included in your account.
G. California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice that identifies the categories of personal information we share with affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and provides contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address:
142 N 1800 W #800, Lindon, UT 84042
H. How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Prepear has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
I. Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may have the right to access the personal information we collect about you. You may also have the right to correct any errors contained in that information. For details, please email us at email@example.com.
J. No Use by Children
The Services are not intended for users younger than 13. We do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files.
K. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we decide to make a material change in this Statement, we will post it on this page. Your continued use of the Services after the posting of changes to this Statement will mean you accept these changes. In some cases, we may attempt to contact you through an email or other address you have provided, so we can give you choices about our using your information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that affect your personal information that is already in our possession, we will apply those changes to that older information only with your consent or as otherwise allowed by law.
L. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Statement or our use of the information we collect from you in connection with the Services, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.